On the 7th August 2011 the Steering Committee got together and drafted the following plan, outlining the purpose of 17-24-30 and what we collectively want to achieve.
The main purpose of the organisation is to work towards the goal of stopping hate crime in all it’s forms, out of this we identified four areas of work as follows:
- Organising events to bring people together.
- Remembering those we have lost.
- Supporting those who have been attacked, and those affected by Hate Crime.
- Building our communities.
Breaking this down even further:
- April Acts of Remembrance
- London Vigil against Hate Crime
- Networking – local, regional, national and international
- Encourage other areas to hold vigils
- International day of Hope and Remembrance
- Roll call of names
- 2 minute silence
- Sign-posting work “in their names”
- Sign-posting support services
- Supporting survivor networks
- Training Opportunities
- Education Projects
- Develop volunteer strategy
- Create materials/resources
- Purchase equipment and resources
- Establish equipment loan system to support other community events.
- And other projects as yet unidentified.