Edinburgh is a diverse and thriving city that does not tolerate any form of Hate Crime; abuse, bullying or violent behaviour towards someone because of their age, gender, race, faith, sexual orientation or disability.
Edinburgh Council, along with their partners, have launched a campaign to combat the corrosive effect of hate crime and are encouraging people to report instances of hate crime. The campaign “Hate Crime is No Joke – No One’s Laughing”, which takes place over a four-week period, will involve various activities including:
- officers visiting venues such as corner shops, takeaway restaurants, pubs and clubs and talking to them about hate crime and asking them to display our posters;
- adverts in various bus shelters and phone boxes from Ferry Road through Leith Walk up into the City Centre; and
- chalk stencilling on pavements.
Media Students from Stevenson College have also kindly produced an advert which will run during the campaign which you can checkout on Youtube by clicking here.
Community Protection Support Unit
- Address: Chesser House, 500 Gorgie Road, Edinburgh EH11 3YJ
- Tel: 0131 469 5152
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Link to Tackling Hate Crime – No One’s Laughing page on the City of Edinburgh Council site