A local resident reported hearing two loud banks shortly before midnight on Friday night.
Mollie Ogin, 19, died from her injuries whilst Mary Christine Chapa, 18, is in a stable condition following emergency surgery.
Portland Police Chief Randy Wright told msnbc.com the girls sexuality was a possible factor in the attack, but this was not confirmed: “That’s always something that we’re looking for, but as of this point, we have not been able to establish that that had anything to do with the attack.”
Pictured here are two sketches of the man allegedly responsible for gunning down Mary Kristene Chapa and her girlfriend Mollie Olgin, who died at the scene. He is described as being a caucasian male in his 20’s, standing at 5′ 8″ and 140 lbs. He is described as having a slender build with dark hair.
- Daily Mail (14 07 2012) James NYE – Hunt for killer who gunned down lesbian teens: Survivor of “Hate Crime” who was shot in the head helps police create sketch of man who murdered girlfriend.
- Gather (10 07 2012) Chelsea Hoffman – Who shot Mary Kristene Chapa and her girlfriend?
- Mail Online (30 06 2012) James Nye – Witness comes froward after ‘hate crime’ shooting of teenage lesbians who were shot in the head
- Gather (29 06 2012) Chelsea Hoffman – Texas Shooting Sparks Condemnation Amongst Gay Rights Groups.
- Gather (27 06 2012) Chelsea Hoffman – http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981432359
- Pink News (27 06 12) – Teenage lesbian shot dead will be honuoured
- Daily Mail (26 06 12) – Teenage lesbian couple shot in head: One girl killed in possible gay hate crime as police hunt for murderer
- Pink News (26 06 12) Stephen Gray – Texas: Lesbian couple shot in possible hate crime