Today (2nd July 2012) Julia Ford won her case against Thomas Sawyer who pleaded guilty to two charges of threatening behaviour towards her.
The first incident involving threatening behaviour, swearing and calling Julia a “tranny” took place on the 16th February when she investigated noise coming from the flat above early in the morning. The Police were called and arrested Thomas Sawyer who referred to Julia as “it” and a “faggot”
The second incident took place on the 24th February at around 7.30pm following more noise outside the flat. When Julia peered through the peephole she saw Thomas Sawyer who told her she was going to die and hurled more abuse. The police were called and he was arrested again.
Thomas Sawyer was given a 12-month restraining order preventing him from contacting Julia and was ordered to pay a total of £800 in fines and costs.
- EADT24 (02 07 2012) – Ipswich: Transsexual hate crime victim considered suicide
- Ipswich Star (02 07 2012) Colin Adwent – Ipswich: Building worker convicted of threatening behaviour towards transsexual
- Suffolk Constabulary (02 07 2012) – Man sentenced for hate crime
- Suffolk Constabulary – website
- Suffolk Constabulary – hate crime page
- Stop Hate Uk – website
- Suffolk County Council – website
- Suffolk Hate Crime Service – page