It is that time of the year when volunteers from the 17-24-30 No To Hate Crime Campaign start appealing for letters of support for National Hate Crime Awareness Week #NHCAW 2017.
The week takes place between the second to third Saturday in October each year, and aims to be a week of action to raise public awareness of hate crime, to remember those we have lost and those who need our on-going support.
We will be writing to;
- Leaders of the Political Parties.
- Local Authority Leaders – England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales
- Members of the UK Parliament and House of Lords
- London Assembly
- Scottish Parliament
- Welsh Assembly
- Police and Crime Commissioners
- Police Commanders
- Faith Leaders
amongst others around the United Kingdom to encourage as many people as possible to contribute letters of support (along with a jpeg photograph of the writer) and help us promote this established national event.
Letters should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org paper copies should be sent to;
- 17-24-30 No To Hate Crime Campaign, C/O Studio 151, 15 Ingestre Place, London W1F 0JH.
Watch this space – letters of support 2017 will be added here in due course.