By Mark Healey
Welcome to issue 17 of our UK Hate Crime Sector Newsletter.
In our last newsletter I reported on the latest Hate Crime Statistics for England and Wales, year ending March 2022.
Police Recorded figures show 155,641 hate crime up 26% in England and Wales.
* Race Hate Crime 109,843 up 19%
* Faith Hate Crime 8,730 up 37%
* Homophobic Hate Crime 26,152 up 41%
* Disability Hate Crime 14,242 up 43%
* Transphobic Hate Crime 4,355 up 56%
These are shocking statistics.
But what is more shocking is the response that we have had from the Home Office this year.
“We have looked into your request as promised, and wanted to let you know that Home Office Ministers will not be providing a statement this year.”
Last night our board of trustees met to discuss the response from the Home Office and we have agreed a Statement of Dissatisfaction which you can read below.
We have put together a press release – together with a look back over the last 11 years at the support we have had from previous Home Secretaries and Government Ministers.
Please feel welcome to share this as widely as possible.
- Welcome by Mark Healey
- Newsletter contents
- Statement of Dissatisfaction
- Remembering MP Jo Cox and MP Sir David Amess
- Seeking your Statements of Support for NationalHCAW
- Police Recorded Hate Crime England and Wales 155,841 up 26%
17-24-30 National Hate Crime Awareness Week CIO Updates
- Act of Hope and Remembrance for those affected by Hate Crime