The anniversary of the London Nail Bomb attack on Brick Lane falls on the 24th April each year.
17-24-30 accepts no responsibility for the content and views expressed on other sites.
- 17-24-30 No To Hate Crime Campaign
- Tower Hamlets Council
- Tower Hamlets MPS
- Tower Hamlets Independent Advisory Group
- Neighbouring restaurants, Brick Lane
Preparation for the day:
- 17-24-30 will set up a Facebook event page “Brick Lane Remembers 17-24-30” for the Brick Lane Act of Remembrance, located on the the 17-24-30 Facebook groups event section here.
- 17-24-30 will draft a press release for the event
- 17-24-30 will contact Tower Hamlets Council
- Invite the Mayor of Tower Hamlets
- Invite the Cabinet Member for Neighbourhoods
- Invite Tower Hamlets Councillors from Weaver Ward
- Invite the Leader of the Council
- Ensure the site is cleaned prior to the event.
- Invite Tower Hamlets Council to submit a statement to be included in the annual press release.
- 17-24-30 will contact Tower Hamlets MPS
- Invite the Borough Commander
- Invite representation from the Weaver Ward SNT Panel.
- Inviet representation from Weaver Safer Neighbourhood Team
- Invite representation from the Tower Hamlets Independent Advisory Group
- Invite Tower Hamlets MPS to submit a statement to be included in the annual press release.
- 17-24-30 will contact the neighbouring restaurants, Brick Lane
- Invite the Managers of the store to attend the event.
- 17-24-30 will organise a photographer for the event
- 17-24-30 will release the press release for the event on the 9th April before the event.
- 17-24-30 will finalise the kit bag for the event by the 17th April.
- Three lanterns and candles
- A box of matches
- Signage to display at the event
- 2 hi-viability steward tops
- 17-24-30 leaflets
- London Hate Crime Reporting Cards
- Clip board and 17-24-30 mailing list sign up sheets
- Identity Badges and lanyards
- String, clips, blue tac and sellotape
- 17-24-30 will recruit and train volunteers to help steward the event
Plans for the day:
- 17-24-30 will brief stewards before the event
- 6pm meet opposite Brick Lane Police Station..
- Light 3 candles representing the three communities attacked.
- Hand out information about 17-24-30 and talk to people.
- 6.30pm Hold a moments silence.
- 7pm ends – we may go for a meal afterwards
After the event:
- 17-24-30 will release photos from the event
- 17-24-30 will update the Brick Lane Remembers 17-24-30 archive page.