The anniversary of the London Nail Bomb attack on Brixton falls on the 17th April each year.
17-24-30 accepts no responsibility for the content and views expressed on other sites.
- 17-24-30 No To Hate Crime Campaign
- Lambeth Council
- Lambeth MPS
- Lambeth Independent Advisory Group
- Iceland Store, Lambeth
- Brixton Market
Preparation for the day:
- 17-24-30 will set up a Facebook event page “Brixton Remembers 17-24-30” for the Brixton Act of Remembrance, located on the the 17-24-30 Facebook groups event section here.
- 17-24-30 will draft a press release for the event
- 17-24-30 will contact Lambeth Council
- Invite the Mayor of Lambeth
- Invite the Cabinet Member for Neighbourhoods
- Invite Lambeth Councillors from Coldharbour Ward
- Invite the Leader of the Council
- Ensure the site is cleaned prior to the event.
- Invite Lambeth Council to submit a statement to be included in the annual press release.
- 17-24-30 will contact Lambeth MPS
- Invite the Borough Commander
- Invite representation from the Coldharbour Ward SNT Panel.
- Inviet representation from Coldharbour Safer Neighbourhood Team
- Invite representation from the Lambeth .Independent Advisory Group
- Invite Lambeth MPS to submit a statement to be included in the annual press release.
- 17-24-30 will contact the Iceland Store, Brixton
- Invite the Manager of the store to attend the event.
- Ensure the cages are not blocking the site on the day of the event.
- 17-24-30 will contact the Brixton Market
- Invite members of the market to attend the event.
- 17-24-30 will organise a photographer for the event
- 17-24-30 will release the press release for the event on the 2nd April before the event.
- 17-24-30 will finalise the kit bag for the event by the 10th April.
- Three lanterns and candles
- A box of matches
- Signage to display at the event
- 2 hi-viability steward tops
- 17-24-30 leaflets
- London Hate Crime Reporting Cards
- Clip board and 17-24-30 mailing list sign up sheets
- Identity Badges and lanyards
- String, clips, blue tac and sellotape
- 17-24-30 will recruit and train volunteers to help steward the event
Plans for the day:
- 17-24-30 will brief stewards before the event
- 6pm meet at the Iceland Store by the Plaque.
- Light 3 candles representing the three communities attacked.
- Hand out information about 17-24-30 and talk to people.
- 6.30pm Hold a moments silence.
- 7pm ends – some may go for a drink afterwards.
After the event:
- 17-24-30 will release photos from the event
- 17-24-30 will update the Brixton Remembers 17-24-30 archive page.