Welcome to our Volunteers page
As an organisation that has no paid staff and which is run entirely by volunteers we are always on the look out for people to get involved and help us with our campaigns.
We recruit two types of volunteers;
- Venue Hate Crime Champions
- Community Hate Crime Champions
Community Hate Crime Champions
These are volunteers who help us with our work and cover a variety of roles; Trustees, Steering Committee Members, Researchers, Fundraisers, Media Liaison, Stewarding at our events, Social Networking and other duties within 17-24-30.
Once we receive your application we will make contact and ask you to forward us a copy of your C.V. We will arrange an interview and sort out DBS checks.
Venue Hate Crime Champions
These are volunteers who work in the venues and organisations that we are working with and who act as our “Single Point of Contact” for those venues and organisations. We provide them with basic information so that they can signpost people affected by hate crime to the relevant reporting routes, advice and support that is available.
These are the people who peer educate their colleagues, sharing the hate crime information we provide and who help ensure that hate crime information is available and on display within their venues and organisations.
Our current volunteers needs
National Hate Crime Awareness Week #NHCAW
As the countdown to October continues we are starting to recruit volunteers to get involved.
- Flyering – we need people to help us distribute information at various events including London Pride, Brighton Pride, Norwich Pride, Reading Pride and others.
- Fundraisers – we are building a team of people to work with our Treasurer to help during our various fund-raising events.
- Operations Team – we welcome people who want to help out with some of the preparation work that needs to be done leading up to #NHCAW and who will help us steward and manage the events that we are organising during the week – St Paul’s Cathedral (on the 2nd Saturday in October) and the fundraiser at the Two Brewers (on the Sunday after the 3rd Saturday in October)
April Acts of Remembrance #AAR
We hold three April Acts of Remembrance each year to mark the anniversaries of the three London nail bomb attacks on Brixton (17th April), Brick Lane (24th April) and Soho (30th April).
At Brixton and Brick Lane we need:
- Flyering – we need people to help us distribute information in Brixton and Brick Lane
- Stewards – we need one/two people to act as stewards during these events.
Operations Team / Steering Committee
We are looking for new people to join our operations team / steering committee to help us organise and facilitate our events and activities.
- Media Liaison – someone to help us write press releases and liaise with the media to help us get information about what we are doing into the local, regional and national media.
- Trustees – there are two vacancies
- Fundraisers – people to work with our Treasurer to help during our various fund-raising events.
- Social Media – people to help us maintain and update our social media presence
- Communnity Representatives – people with disabilities, members of the Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender communities.
If you are interested please complete this Volunteer Application Form