Welcome to the #NHCAW 2015 Archive Page.
Please note that google maps are not accessible to people with visual impairments so we have listed all events below the map.
National Hate Crime Awareness Week 2015 #NHCAW Google Map
10th October to 17th October 2015
Saturday 10th October
Launch of National Hate Crime Awareness Week #NHCAW 2015
#NHCAW Launch event hosted by St Paul’s Cathedral
- 10th Oct 6 pm to 7pm 17-24-30/Stop Hate UK are hosting a special service of Hope and Remembrance for those affected by Hate Crime at St Paul’s Cathedral. This is the official launch event for the week. Free tickets are available from Eventbrite here
- 10th Oct 10:00-13:00 Loving the Africa in each and every one of us; our natural inclusionality with Dr Ian Phillips. Southwark Senior Citizens Group, Elim House, 86 Bellenden Road, Peckham. book via email@example.com
- 10th Oct and Sat Oct 17, First Direct Arena are lighting up in support of National Hate Crime Awareness Week, LS2 8BY
- 10th Oct ACT Against Hate Crime Roadshow. The A.C.T. Against Hate Crime Team will be visiting a place near you to raise awareness, provide information/advice and support and to let you know what is happening during Hate Crime Week 2015. http://spectrum.btck.co.uk/Calendar
- 10th Oct 09:30-14:00 Hate Crime Session at The Hub, Northway, Scarborough
Registration: 9.30am – 10am Briefing: 10am (all volunteers will receive a short training session on hate crimes/incidents and allocated a role for the event)
Awareness activities: 10.30am – 1.30pm (the distribution of hand-outs and posters to members of the public and local businesses) De-brief: 1.30pm – 2pm. During the day volunteers from partner agencies will be distributing resources to members of the public and businesses throughout Scarborough to increase awareness of Hate Crime and reporting mechanisms. The day will also involve the launch of a new Hate Incident survey within Scarborough.
- 10th Oct 9:45-17:00 for the fifth annual LoveSpirit Festival at Resource for London on Holloway Road in Islington. It’s a day full of community, learning, sharing, and exploring themes and practices of spirituality with an overarching aim to bring expanded awareness, spiritual awakening and mystical discussion in the the LGBT+ universe. Over 200 people will come together for a day exploring this year’s theme: Love WithOUT Boundaries. http://www.lovespirit.org/programme
- 10th Oct 10:00-15:00 Plymouth City Centre #NHCAW Launch event. Plymouth City Council, Devon and Cornwall Police and partner agencies. Contact Jill Palmer at Plymouth Council and Graham Little at Devon and Cornwall Police.
- 10th Oct 12:00-15:00 Helen O’Grady Drama Academy Invisible Theatre. http://spectrum.btck.co.uk/Calendar Invisible Theatre performances across Derby City Centre. These performances will raise awareness of the impact of Hate.
- 10th Oct 14:30-16:30 Hate Crime Awareness outreach at Mitcham Town Centre.
- 10th Oct @CACHPartnership General hate crime awareness campaign – Cannock Chase, Stafford Borough, Tamworth, Lichfield, East and South Staffs #NHCAW http://www.cachpartnership.org.uk/
- 10th-17th October – Exhibition at Harris Museum & Art Gallery Preston
Sunday 11th October
- 11th Oct 15:00-18:00 London Bridge Station Hate crime stall – British Transport Police and Transport for London.
- 11th Oct 17:00-21:00 Mobile Police Van Hate Crime Outreach in Vauxhall. Pop along and meet the two new dedicated police officers in Vauxhall Paul and Marnie.
- 11th Oct 17:30 Hate Crime outreach and bucket collection in aid of 17-24-30 No to Hate Crime Campaign. Mark Healey organiser of National Hate Crime Awareness Week and local Lambeth Hate Crime Prevention Coordinator will be present handing out Lambeth Hate Crime Reporting Cards. http://www.vauxhalltavern.com/
- 11th Oct 19:00-21:30. Film Screening and Discussion. American History X followed by a discussion. 18+ The Mandela Centre, 179-181 Peartree Rd, Derby, DE238NQ http://spectrum.btck.co.uk/Calendar
- 11th Oct Sikh Gurdwara, South Tynesite Hate Crime Awareness with Neighbourhood Policing Team.
Monday 12th October
- 12th Oct 09:30-12.00 Hate crime awareness at Castleford Market
- 12th Oct 09:30-17:00 Hate Crime Awareness Session at Birkenhead Town Hall, Birkenheaad, Merseyside. Organiser Ian Lowrie Wirral Council Community Safety Manager Corporate and Community Safety Stop Hate UK on behalf of Wirral Council will be delivering a free to attend Hate Crime Awareness training session to increase understanding of Hate Crime, barriers to reporting, its impact on victims and the range of reporting mechanisms and support that is available to assist victims.
- 12th Oct 09:30-15:30 Lancashire Strategic Hate Crime and Cohesion Group – aim is to produce key recommendations which the partnership can take forward in the coming year. The event has been designed to give an opportunity for organisations from all sectors to come together and assess how hate crime is being tackled in Lancashire and what still needs to be put in place to do this more effectively. There will be speakers from the Crown Prosecution Service, Lancashire Constabulary and VCFS groups representing each of the five hate crime strands during the morning. All the speakers will be available for a Question and Answer Panel session towards the close of the day. In the first part of the afternoon Workshops will focus on key questions which will help formulate the recommendations to the Lancashire Strategic Hate Crime and Cohesion Partnership. https://lccsecure.lancashire.gov.uk/corporate/delegate/conferenceDetails.asp?eid=4351
- 12th Oct 10:00-14:00 Hate Crime stall Mobile Office, Asda, Old Kent Road by members of Southwark Hate Crime Network and Southwark Police.
- 12th Oct 11:00-14:30 Act Against Hate Crime Roadshow at The Eagle Centre Market Derby.
- 12th Oct 11:00-12:30 Cleveland PCC Hate Crime Stall and 3rd Party Reporting Awareness at Teeside University.
- 12th Oct 13:00-15:00 Free Hate Crime and Incident reporting training, WACA Centre, Rock Street, Wellingborough, Northants NN8 4 LW Eventbrite Listing http://mondayhatetraining.eventbrite.co.uk
- 12th Oct 14:00 Tell Mama launch event of New Report. Book tickets here. https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/online-offline-anti-muslim-hostility-in-britain-tickets-18884885200
- 12th Oct 15:00-18:00 London Bridge Station Hate Crime Stall BTP and TFL.
- 12th Oct 16:00-17:00 Deconstructing Hate – Sticks and Stones and Words Exhibition. Exhibition Launch 12/10/15 Invitation only. Join us for an exhibition in which hate is de-constructed. The exhibition will be pen to the public 11am – 5pm daily October 13th – 16th 2015. http://spectrum.btck.co.uk/Calendar
- 12th Oct 18:00-21:00 LGBT Federation North East and Hart Gables are hosting a LGBT Hate Crime Awareness Event for LGBT people and VCS organisations in the South of the Region. Barry Coppinger PCC for Cleveland opening event., http://www.lgbtfed.com
- 12th Oct 19:00 Live Online Web Chat Hate Hurts hosted by West Yorkshire Police http://www.westyorkshire.police.uk/HateHurtsWebChat with Temporary Assistant Chief Constable Angela Williams and Police and Crime Commissioner for West Yorkshire Mr Mark Burns-Williamson.
- 12th Oct Lancaster Wide Strategic Hate Crime Group holding a consultation.
- 12th Oct Durham Police Hate Crime Awareness Sessions in Schools
- 12th Oct Equality & Diversity Training for Call Handlers
- 12th Oct Northumbria PCC and Safer Northumbria Partnership Racist Hate Crime Awareness in Seahouses Middle School
- 12th Oct Northumbria Police Hate Crime Awareness Session with Stall – Walking With Project, Wallsend.
Tuesday 13th October
- 13th Oct 09:30-12:00 Hate crime awareness at South Elmsall Market.
- 13th Oct 09:30-12:30 Free hate crime awareness training to front line staff working in Southwark. Southwark Council 160 Tooley St. Fully Booked.
- 13th Oct 09:30 to 16:30 ‘Challenging ‘Hate Crime’: Research, policy and practice’ Conference will be held in the Liverpool Maritime Museum at Albert Dock in Liverpool. Professor David Ormerod QC from the Law Commission and Professor Paul Iganski among our keynote speakers. The event is hosted in partnership with Merseyside Police and the charity Moving on With Life and Learning (MOWLL) and some of the sessions will reflect this with discussions on aspects of policing and challenging hate crime as well as how hate crime is being addressed in the charity sector with several charity organisations also present.Details of the conference including speakers and registration info can be found at: https://www.liv.ac.uk/law-and-social-justice/conferences/hate-crime/conferenceprogramme/
- Tuesday 13th October 10:00-16:00 Hate Crime Summit at University of Derby organised by Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner http://www.derbyshire-pcc.gov.uk To discuss hate Crime services within Derbyshire, and reporting and support mechanisms that are available in the county.
- 13th Oct 11:00-13:00 Hate Crime information sharing at East Street Market, 55-59 East Street.
- 13th October 11:30-14:30 Hate Crime Awareness Week Stall – Providing residents and members of public with anti-hate crime literature and raising awareness. Outside Waterstones Sutton High St.
- 13th Oct 10:30-12:30 Investing in technology to help tackle hate crime/Launch of Hate Crime Reporting App The Mesmerist, 1-5 Prince Albert St, Brighton BN1 1HE
- 13th October 14:00-16:00 Hate Crime Event The Sherrard Room, The Forum, Trafalgar Road, Greenwich, London, SE10 9EQ. It will have a focus on Disability Hate Crime and the Police will be present to take questions and advise. Web: http://www.gad.org.uk
- 13th Oct 14:00-16:00 Hate crime awareness at Wakefield One Atrium.
- 13th Oct 16:30-18:30 INCPA Celebrating Black History at Wickway Community Centre, St Georges Way. Book firstname.lastname@example.org
- 13th Oct 18:00-20:00 Free Hate Crime and Incident reporting training, Northamptonshire Rights and Equality Council, Oak Building, Northampton College, Booth Lane, Northampton NN3 3RF Eventbrite Listing https://tuesdayhatetraining.eventbrite.co.uk
- 13th Oct 19:00-22:00 Twisted Tongues Tackle Hate Crime. Join the Twisted Tongues crew as they tackle hate crime in an open mic session The QUAD, Market Sq Derby Recommended 18+ This event is Free http://spectrum.btck.co.uk/Calendar
- 13th Oct Street League are organising an Employability course for young people which will include discussions around hate crime awareness. LS4 2AW http://www.streetleague.co.uk/
- 13th Oct 10:00-11:00 Cleveland PCC Hate Crime Webchat
- 13th Oct Cleveland Police launch of Homophobic/Transpohobic Hate Crime Training
- 13th Oct 11:00 Cleveland Police Sign up to Rainbow Laces campaign (Tackling homophobia and transphobia in football) Cleveland Police HQ
- 13th Oct Cleveland PCC launch of Disability Hate Crime DVD for schools.
- 13th Oct Durham Police Hate Crime Awareness sessions across Co Durham schools.
- 13th Oct Durham Police Equality and Diversity training for contractors.
- 13th Oct Northumbria Police and Victim’s First Hate Crime Awareness sessions in Sunderland Bangladeshi Centre 11:00-12:00 and 15:00 – 14:00
- 13th Oct 10:30-11:30 Northumbria PCC Hate crime awareness session – Conewood House Sheltered Accommodation.
- 13th Oct 11:30-12:30 Northumbria PCC Hate Crime awareness session at Caddy Shacks, Fawdon Community Centre.
- 13th Oct 14:00-16:00 Northumbria PCC Table top stall at Skills for People/Better Days, Newcastle.
Wednesday 14th October
- 14th Oct 09:00-10:30 Joint Hate Crime engagement event at Victoria Station between Metropolitan Police Service and British Transport Police.
- 14th Oct 09:30-12:00 Hate crime awareness at Pontefract Market
- 14th Oct 09:45-12:30 LGBT Hate Crime Awareness training session from Metro at Southwark Council, 160 Tooley Street.
- 14th Oct 10:00-14:00 Information sharing at Mobile Office, Tesco, Old Kent Road.
- 14th Oct 10.30 am to 1pm Disability Hate Crime Partnership Lambeth are hosting a discussion about Disability Hate Crime at We Are 336, 336 Brixton Road. Lambeth
- 14th October 11:30-14:30 Hate Crime Awareness Week Stall – Providing residents and members of public with anti-hate crime literature and raising awareness.Sutton High Street, outside ASDA
- 14th Oct 10.30-14:30 Disability Hate Crime Awareness Week (primarily learning disability hate crime). The Drill Hall, Horsham RH12 1JF. More info will be found on People Come First’s twitter page, @peoplecomef1rst
- 14th October – 10.00-15.00 – Disability Hate Crime Awareness Conference at Hindlip Hall, Worcester, WR3 8SP A series of talks and workshops including performances from theatre companies to increase the awareness of disability hate crime and the impact it has on individuals and families and will also promote how to report incidents and seek help. The event has been developed for members of the community and carers to attend. If you would like to book onto this free event please contact: email@example.com or call 01527 534 187
- 14th Oct 12:00-14:30 Hate Crime Awareness outside Vestry Hall.
- 14th Oct 12:45-13:45 Learn more about disability hate crime at Southwark Council, 160 Tooley Street.
- 14th Oct 13:00-15:00 Afternoon Tea and Hate Crime Bingo at Ingol Methodist Church, Preston.
- 14th Oct 14:00-16:00 National Hate Crime Awareness Week Joint Forum hosted by Ealing Equality Council. Information and Tickets here.
- 14th Oct 14:00-15:30 Birmingham Hate Crime Reduction Partnership Meeting. Congreave Passage, Birmingham. Organiser Lesley Wdowiak
Professional Support Officer Birmingham City Council. Meeting of partner agencies to discuss current activities and future initiatives to tackle Hate Crime and support victims and communities that it effects.
- 14th Oct 14:45-17:00 Hate Crime Awareness outside The Civic Centre, Morden Town Centre.
- 14th Oct 18:00-21:00 Panel Discussion Victims and Perpetrators. Join a panel of experts as they give an overview of hate crime and hate incidents from tehir respective positions. Venue: University of Derby Room tbc 15+ http://spectrum.btck.co.uk/Calendar
- 14th Oct 18:00 to 21:00 LGBT Federation NE and Hart Gables are hosting a LGBT Hate Crime Awareness event for LGBT people and VCS organisations in the North of the Region. Event to be opened by Ron Hogg PCC for Durham and Darlington. http://www.lgbtfed.com
- 14th Oct 19:00 The Dream: The story behind Martin Luther Kings speech at Canada Water Library, 21 Surrey Quays Road.
- 14th Oct 19:00 to 20:30 Event to commemorate victims of Hate Crime focusing on Disability Hate Crime. Poetry, performance and candle lit vigil. Kettering Market Place The Market Place is located off Market Street. Postcode: NN16 OAL
- 14th Oct Cleveland PCC/Show Racism the Red card – session in school.
- 14th Oct Durham Police – Presentation to Durham Deafend School.
- 14th Oct Durham Police – Hate crime awareness sessions in schools across Co. Durham
- 14th Oct Northumbria PCC and Northumberland County Council – Hate Crime/Prevent/British Fundamental Values workshops – Prudhoe Community Centre.
- 14th Oct Northumbria PCC hate crime awareness day First Steps Women’s Conversational Group.
- 14th Oct Northumbria PCC hate crime awareness session at North Tyneside Disability Forum, Shiremoor.
- 14th Oct 12:00-13:30 Northumbria PCC hate crime awareness session for Asylum Seekers and Refugees at Baptist Church, North Shields.
Thursday 15th October
- 15th Oct #SpiritDay – a global campaign where people will be wearing purple to show their support from lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT youth).
- 15th Oct 08:00-14:00 Hate Crime Stall at Victoria Coach Station organised by Victoria Hub Team, Metropolitan Police Service.
- 15th Oct 09:30-12:00 Hate crime awareness at Wakefield Market.
- 15th Oct 09:30-12:30 Hate Crime awareness training at Southwark Council, Queens Road Peckham.
- 15th Oct Preston Bus Station Hate Crime Awareness Event with Purple Ribbons.
- 15th Oct 09:30-15:00 Faith Matters/Tell Mama Conference “A Community Response on Policing Anti-Muslim Hate Crimes” book tickets here.
- 15th Oct 11:00-13:00 Southwark Safer Neighbourhood Board (SSNB) – Lets Talk: Tackling hate crime: what can be done to reduce and prevent it? Cambridge House, 1 Addington Square, Camberwell.
- 15th October – 13.00-15.00 – Pop up shop Awareness Stand at the Swan Centre, Kidderminster
- 15th Oct Thursday 13:00-15:00 Free Hate Crime and Incident reporting training, Kettering venue to be confirmed
- 15th Oct 13:00-17:00 Hate Crime Awareness Training session
at Agbrigg Community Centre, Wakefield. Organiser: Michelle Dunne with Stop Hate UK on behalf of Wakefield MDC will be delivering a Hate Crime Awareness session to increase understanding of Hate Crime amongst communities and partner agencies, and raise awareness of reporting options and support that is available to assist victims.
- 15th Oct, 15:30–18:00, Information campaign – British Transport Police, Stop Hate UK, West Yorkshire Police. Location -Leeds City Station, Concourse LS1 5DL
- 15th Oct 18:30-20:00 Archive Screening and Discussion Hate Past and Present. Join The ACT Against Hate Crime Team at the Mandela Centre Derby, 179-181 Peartree Rd DE238NQ where we will delve into archive footage to assess hate crimes and incidents into historical and present context. 18+ Venue: The Mandela Centre Derby, DE238NQ http://spectrum.btck.co.uk/Calendar.
- 15th Oct North East Race Equality Forum and Northumbria PCC – Race Equality and Hate Crime Conference at Northumbria University.
- 15th Oct 17:00 Cleveland PCC and Cleveland Police “Cuppa with a Coppa” event at Yarm Fair.
- 15th Oct Durham Police – hate crime awareness sessions in schools across Co.Durham.
Friday 16th October
- 16th Oct 08:00-11:00 Information sharing at Bermondsey Station.
- 16th Oct 09:00-13:00 Hate crime in law, the impact of hate crime, and the barriers to reporting. At Southbank University, 103 Borough Road.
- 16th Oct 09:30-12:00 Hate Crime awareness at Ossett Market.
- 16th Oct 10:00-16:00 Religious Diversity and Anti-Discrimination Training. This training will provide insight, tools and up to date information on the issue of religious diversity and Anti-discrimination issues. Booking information will follow Venue: Multi-Faith Centre University of Derby Kedleston Rd. http://spectrum.btck.co.uk/Calendar
- 16th Oct 10:00-13:00 Information sharing at South Bank University, The Student Life Centre, South Bank University.
- 16th Oct 10:30-14:30 Plymouth People First and Plymouth DCT Reporting Hate and Mate Crime Awareness Day event at Highbury, Plymouth.
- 16 Oct, 11 -3pm, Drop-in Pay As You Feel Lunch and conversations around Hate Crime – Real Junk Food Project, Stop Hate UK, West Yorkshire Police. Location –Junktion Café LS12 2QF
- 16th Oct 12:30-16:30 Hate Crime Stall at the Woolwich Centre.
- Friday 16th October – 13.00-15.00 – Pop up shop Awareness Stand at the Kingfisher Centre, RedditchThe pop-up shops will inform the public about what a Hate Crime is, how it can be reported and what support is available to victims and witnesses. The pop-up shops are being supported by West Mercia Police.
- 16th Oct 14:00-17:00 Modern-day Slavery Exposed. Time and Talents. The Old Mortuary, St Marychurch Street.
- 16th Oct 16:30 Anthony Walker Foundation Memorial Lecture at Maritime Museum within the Martin Luther King Jr Building. Annual lecture with guest Dr Martin Glynn from Birmingham City University.
- 16th Oct 18:00-20:00 Transphobic Hate Crime Workshop. ACT Against Hate is working with Trans activist and trainer Beth Seymour, Transcend and Unitarian Chapel Derby to bring you this workshop on aTransphobic Hate Crime. This workshop will be the last of our 5 in which we have previously examined, Is Britain a Racist nation June 2015 Should we Tolerate Intolerance July 2015 Freedom to Love August 2015 I am Disabled Get Over It September 2015 Venue: Unitarian Chapel Friargate, Derby. http://spectrum.btck.co.uk/Calendar
- 16th October 7-8.30pm Event to commemorate victims of Hate Crime focusing on Homophobic and Transphobic Hate Crime. Poetry, performance and candle lit vigil. Northampton venue to be confirmed
- 16th Oct 09:30-11:00 Middlesborough Community Pride “A Bright Breakfast” Middlesborough Community Fire Station.
- 16th Oct 13:00-14:00 Middlesborough Community Pride – Trans awareness – a time to talk at Middlesborough Town Hall.
- 16th Oct Durham Police hate crime awareness sessions in schools across Co.Durham.
- 16th Oct Northumbria PCC and Safer Northumberland Partnership – Hate Crime/Prevent/British Fundamental Values workshops at Welfare Community Centre, Choppington.
- 16th Oct Northumbria Police hate crime awareness at Blyth Mosque, South Tyneside Mosques and Bandgladeshi Mosque, Whitley Bay.
Saturday 17th October
International Day: Hope and Remembrance for those affected by Hate Crime
- 17th Oct 08:00-11:00 Information sharing at Southwark Station.
- 17th Oct, 11:00-15:00 Stall at My Leeds My Culture event, Angels of Youth, Stop Hate UK, Leeds City Museum, Millennium Square LS2 8BH
- 17th Oct 12 noon 10 years on… Remembering Jody Dobrowski Clapham Common.
- 17th Oct 12:00-15:00 Helen O’Grady Drama Academy Performances. Join the Helen O’Grady’s Invisible Theatre as they once again take over the streets of Derby with impromptu performances which examine Hate Crime. http://spectrum.btck.co.uk/Calendar
- 17th Oct 12:00-17:00 Go Get it. Green area on Southampton Way Estate.
- 17th Oct 13:00-16:00 Bermondsey and Rotherhithe Community Council meeting, Silverlock Community Hall, Warndon Street.
- 17th Oct 14:00 to 18:00 Lambeth LGBT Network meeting at the Two Brewers in Clapham Facebook event listing; https://www.facebook.com/events/1108688952477862/
- 17 Oct, 15:00-15:30 Hope and Remembrance Candlelight Vigil for all those affected by Hate Crime, Stop Hate UK, steps of Leeds City Museum, Millennium Square LS2 8BH
- 17th Oct 18:30 Anthony Walker Foundation Gala at the Titanic hotel. Tickets http://www.anthonywalkerfoundation.com/
- 17th Oct 19:00 sharp Brighton and Hove LGBT Community Safety Forum are hosting Brighton Anti-Hate Crime Vigil of Hope and Remembrance by Old Steine Fountain.
- 17th Oct 19:00-22:15 Reading Vigil against Hate Crime https://www.facebook.com/events/879025985508673/
- 17th Oct 19:00 to 20:30 Event to commemorate victims of Hate Crime focusing on Homophobic and Transphobic Hate Crime. Poetry, performance and candle lit vigil. Wellingborough venue to be confirmed
Sunday 18th October
- 18th Oct 18:00+ 17-24-30 are hosting a special fundraiser and celebration of the end of #NHCAW 2015 at the Two Brewers in Clapham Lambeth.
- 18th Oct – Sikh Gurdwara, Sunderland – hate crime awareness with Neighbourhood Policing Team.
Hate Crime Awareness Campaigns running through October
- “Hate Hurts. Report it, Sort it, say No to Hate Crime” – there will be resources for public use, onhttp://www.westyorkshire.police.uk and various awareness raising activities at local level throughout the campaign . Also supporting and promoting a national twitter campaign #WeStandTogether. Anyone can get involved in #WeStandTogether by taking a photograph of themselves standing with at least one other person. Upload it to #WeStandTogether with a message about the stated cause, e.g. “We stand together against Hate and Intolerance” or “We stand together to celebrate our difference” or other relevant statement. People are encouraged to create their own messages about why they are standing together, and can then nominate one or several other people to do the same.
- Southwark Council – download Hate Crime Awareness Week events programme 2015 here Southwark HCAW 2015 Event programme 14 pages
- North East – Hate Crime events programme Schedule of Events
Listing of Other Hate Crime Awareness Events taking place outside of the National Week
- 01 August 2015 Anthony Walker – the 10 Years After Festival
- 11th August 2015 Worcester Hate Crime Drop in
- 18th, 22nd, 28th Sept, 5th, 19th, 30th Oct, 9th, 27th Nov Transgender Hate Crime Awareness Training being organised by Birmingham LGBT please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Limited places.
- 19th September 10:00-13:30 Metro Charity LGBT+ Volunteer Hate Crime Advocate training session in Vauxhall.
- 26th & 27th Preston Pride and Community Day – Purple Ribbons! Preston Flag Market.
- 30th Sept 14:00-16:00 Joint forum event of the West London BMER, Hounslow Faith Hate Crime, New Arrivals and Ealing Inclusion forum. Register here.
- 1-2 Oct “Tolerance and Respect: preventing and combating antisemitic and anti-Muslim hatred in Europe” Annual Colloquium on Fundamental Rights. Brussels. Information here.
- Harrogate – Representatives from North Yorkshire Police and the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for North Yorkshire are attending the North Yorkshire Wider Partnership Conference to promote awareness of hate crime and the Stop Hate UK service and reporting channels to local authority and community groups.
- Restorative Justice Forum feature hate crime on their website and mail out to over 2,200 subscribers; http://www.restorativeforum.org.uk/forum/events/1664-stop-hate-uk-national-hate-crime-awareness-week-2015-toolkit-included
- 9th Oct Cleveland PCC visit to Farooq E Azam Mosque in Stockton
- 9th Oct 12:30-17:00 Volunteer Hate Crime LGBT Ambassador Training at the Metor Charity. https://do-it.org/opportunities/c42f136a-e0f6-4e09-bf08-a2fec9eb2c67
- 21st October 2015 Not of our doorstep! Zion Bristol
- 26th Oct 10:00-13:00 Hate Crime event at Northallerton Town Hall.There will be a number of local community groups there promoting tolerance raising awareness of hate crime, the fact it can be reported and publicising support for victims. The overarching message of the event is “Different? No Difference!”
- 18th Nov 10:00-16:00 Educate Against Hate: A Positive Approach to LGBT+ Young People and ‘Hate Crime’. At The Florence Institute, Liverpool, L8 4RF.
This one-day conference is an interactive and engaging opportunity for youth work professional and other education practitioners to understand the issues surrounding to LGBT+ Young People and ‘Hate Crime’, and to develop positive responses and solutions. For further information, please contact email@example.com.
- 26th Nov LGBT* Domestic Abuse Forum 4th Annual Conference organsied by LGBT Domestic Abuse Forum http://lgbtdaf.org/
Events for 2016
- 17th April 2016 Brixton Remembers 17-24-30
- 24th April 2016 Brick Lane Remembers 17-24-30
- 30th April 2016 Soho Remembers 17-24-30
It is not too late to send us details of your events if you would like them to be listed. Please fill out the event registration form!
National Hate Crime Awareness Week 2015 – event registration form NOW CLOSED
Once 17-24-30 receive this information they will share it with Stop Hate UK so that it can be posted on both this 17-24-30 WordPress site and the Stop Hate UK website.
17-24-30 will then add an event marker (using the postcode given) on the google map and add information about the event to the location box (which appears when you click on the event markers).
As Google Maps is not accessible to people with visual impairments we will also list event details on this page below the Google map.