Welcome to the #NHCAW 2016 Archive Page.
This page covers the period 1st April 2016 to 31st March 2017
Before 1st April 2016
- Towards the end of 2015/16 preparation started on plans for 2016/17. 17-24-30 will continue to organise and facilitate the April Acts of Remembrance #AAR and October National Hate Crime Awareness Week #NHCAW, as well as developing a strategy to promote a message of H.O.P.E. across the UK.
- Updated 17-24-30’s Trifold leaflet 17-24-30 Tri-fold Leaflet 2016 pdf
- Designed a new London Hate Crime Awareness Campaign Briefing Document London Hate Crime Breifing Document V02 pdf
- About.me/mhealey page established – signposting people to London Hate Crime Blog
- Developing the London Hate Crime Blog – a micro site focussed on London.
- Designed and ordered London Hate Crime Reporting Cards
- First batch of 10,000 London Hate Crime Reporting Cards ordered, other side promoting about.me/mhealey contact details, email, our two main twitter profiles @NationalHCAW and @LondonHCBlog, and postal address. We also ordered a couple of mugs, a t-shirt and a sheet of stickers to promote the London Hate Crime Blog.
Friday 1st April
- 17-24-30’s annual accounts, paperwork sorted, pending final bank statement of 2015/16 to finalise.
- 17-24-30 No To Hate Crime Campaign LinkedIn company page – started updating the company page with a view to use it more regularly this year. First task to remove six bogus associations.
- Linkedin groups set up representing some of our key projects including; Lambeth LGBT Community Network, #NHCAW, LondonHCBlog. and LGBT Blog London.
Tuesday 5th April 2016
- Chaired meeting of Lambeth LGBT Community Network.
Friday 8th April 2016
- 1,000 London Hate Crime Blog #NoPlaceForHate badges ordered.
Sunday 11th April 2016
- Set up the April Acts of Remembrance #AAR events on the 17-24-30 Facebook group page
Tuesday 13th April 2016
- Attended LVSC’s London Assembly Hustings event – asking Islington candidates their position on hate crime, working with communities affected by hate crime and manifesto commitments.
Friday 16th April 2016
- 17-24-30 Sponsor Me Fundraising page set up for April #AAR Appeal to raise £500. Appeal will close mid-May. Sponsor Me page here.
Sunday 17th April 2016
- Brixton Remembers 17-24-30 Act of Remembrance took place at the side of the Iceland Store in Brixton.
Monday 18th April 2016
- Meeting with Stop Hate UK in Leeds
Tuesday 19th April 2016
- Started setting up the #NHCAW micro site here.
- Attended Faith’s Together in Lambeth London Assembly Hustings event – asking Lambeth candidates their position on hate crime, working with communities affected by hate crime and manifesto commitments.
- Work commenced updating 17-24-30 WordPress site. Added Q&A About 17-24-30 No To Hate Crime Campaign as a pinned post, and reduced and reordered the main pages on the title bar (Home, Report Hate Crime, About 17-24-30, A-Z Projects, Brixton 17, Brick Lane 24, Soho 30, October #NHCAW and Links)
- Meeting of West London LGBT Forum
- First appearance of new London Hate Crime Stall
- HEAR – Charities Challening Hate Crime -inargual meeting.
- Trans Awareness Taining
- Lambeth LGBT Community Network meeting
10th – 12th May
- United Nations Interregioonal Crime and Justice Reseach Institute (UNICRI) three day workshop on hate speech and hate crime in London.
- International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia and Transphobia IDAHOBIT
- Speaking at Transport For London IDAHOBIT event