By Mark Healey
Welcome to the March issue of our newsletter.
At the end of January 2021 I recevied a letter from Commander Melanie Dales thanking me for my service and informing me that the MPS Hate Crime Diamond Group is being closed down with immediate effect.
The London Hate Crime Board has not met since March 2020.
Funding for the HEAR Charities Against Hate Crime Nework has ended and that forum has closed down.
The funding for the National LGBT Hate Crime Network run by the Consortium ended some time ago and has not met in over a year.
I wonder how many other hate crime forums/networks across the UK have ceased opperations or failed to meet during the last 12 months as the UK responds to the ongoing pandemic?
Where does tackling hate crime currently sit on the national, regional and local agenda? Is there good reason for those of us who work in the sector to be concerned? What should we do to fix things?
17-24-30 National Hate Crime Awareness Week CIO Updates
- April Acts of Remembrance 2021 will be online again
- Netflix documentary about Soho Nail Bomb
- Dates and hate crime strand focus for National Hate Crime Awareness Week 2021, 2022 and 2023.
- Amazon Smile. Please support us when you shop online.
- February LGBT History Month.
- UniQ LGBT Video – a very brief breakdown of the key moments…
- 8th March – International Women’s Day.
- 30th March – UK Hate Crime Network meeting.
- 31st March – International Transgender Day of Visibility.
- 17th April – Brixton Act of Remembrance.
- 24th April – Brick Lane Act of Remembrance.
- 30th April – Soho Act of Remembrance.
- New Central West BCU Hate Crime Unit (London).
- MPS Hate Crime Diamond Group closed down.
- MOPAC London Hate Crime Board.
- London Mayor launches Ireportit – Terrorism reporting app.
- Twitter supports Tell Mama No2h8November campaign.
- APPG on Hate Crime Re-inaugurated.
- Government Hate Crime Action Plan.
- Government luanches ‘Public Duty’ consultation.
- Government responds to ‘Online Harms’ white paper consultation.
- Stop Funding Hate are campaigning to stop the foxification of UK TV.
- Friend, Families and Travellers webinar.
- HOPE NOT HATE launch new STATE OF HATE Report.
- Blackbaud 2021 Giving Calendar and other resources.
- Community Security Trust
- Inclusion London
- Report Racism
- Sophie Lancaster Foundation
- Stop Hate UK
- Tell Mama
- The Monitoring Group
- True Vision